Registration opens today at 1:00 pm!
Are your kids hounding you to ride the trails? Are they surpassing your ability to keep up? Are they keen to explore new trails and improve their skills? ⬇️
Kids Shredding Singletrack (KSS) is for 10 to 15 year old riders. The focus is on introducing kids to fun and safe mountain biking in a non-competitive environment.
✳️ Registration opens at 1:00 pm on Tuesday, June 15 on our website. https://saultcyclingclub.ca/ We’re expecting it to fill up fast, so be sure to register early as we have limited spots available. A waiting list will also be available should we secure any additional ride leaders.
✳️ To participate, your child must:
• Be a Sault Cycling Club member,
• Have access to a mountain bike in reasonable repair (a bike check form will need to be completed and signed by the parent or a bicycle mechanic),
• Wear a helmet, and
• Be fit and motivated to ride between 6 and 10km’s of single track trail in an outing.
Sessions will run Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm from June 22, ending July 13. Rides will be approx 90 minutes, depending on conditions (muddy trails make you ride slower, clouds or mosquitos make you ride faster!) and skill level of participants. All rides will start and end at Kinsmen Park at Hiawatha Highlands (by the baseball diamond).
Each night will start with a brief discussion and demonstration of a skill or technique, then the group will ride the Hiawatha single track trails, stopping at features where they can practice and develop the featured skill. The focus will be on fun, but there will also be some learning going on!
We welcome parent volunteers who are familiar with the trails. You might be asked to perform a “sweeper” role, trailing one of the groups and assisting the instructor/leader as needed.
COVID-19 has changed some of our procedures but we will promise just as much fun as past years. We will strictly adhere to each group size of 8 riders accompanied by two leaders (COVID rules). These ratios are required to adhere to the provincial reopening rules currently in place.
Notes about COVID protocols:
- All riders must be pre-registered (via the Sault Cycling Club website)
- All riders will have to complete a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to attending each night
- While on the trail, riders will practice physical distancing
- All riders must have a face mask with them for circumstances where physical distancing is not possible
- Group start and end times will be staggered to prevent crowding at the trail head.
Questions?? email: Peter@SaultCyclingClub.ca
If you have questions send Peter an email: Peter@SaultCyclingClub.ca
• A questionnaire will be issued via email to determine which group your child will be in based on skill level.
• We will notify those on a waiting if any spots become available by email.