SCC celebrated the last weekend of summer with another fantastic weekend of racing at Jocelyn Township Park on beautiful St. Joseph’s Island. While Race #1 at Hiawatha offered up a little bit of everything over a slightly longer than normal 3.7km circuit; Cross on the Island is characterized by 1 thing: leg searing climbs, and several of them condensed into a fun 2.4km circuit.
The day started with the Madison B Race being a very tight battle between Gavin Grant/Mark Weiderkehr and the Father/Son combination of Jan and Seth Roubal. Big shout out to the Mom and Daughter team of Jodie Stewart and Kate Debeer! Another shout out to Joel and Steve for being fun and great sports! Nice to see the youngsters giving it a go as well.
- Gavin Grant and Mark Weeiderkehr (6 laps)
- Jan and Seth Roubal (6 laps)
- Steve Demidovich and Dan Abelson (6 laps)
- Ben Warnock and Reg Peer (6 laps)
- Greg Hughes and Nathan Mackay (6 laps)
- Jodie Stewart and Kate Debeer (5 laps)
- Tony Talentino and Joe Reich (5 laps)
- Tie: Joel Wenham and Steve Golec (5 laps and a hot dog) and Michael and Thomas Reich (5 laps)
In between the Relay and the A Race the Kids did not fail to disappoint and provided a fantastic race and entertainment for the spectators. There was some pretty fantastic bike handling out there. The future is bright!
The A Racers negotiated a similar course with a sinister addition. I’m not sure what else to call it, other than the Grassy Wall of Jocelyn. That, plus bacon hand-ups! It’s hard to get the bacon down when your heart is in your throat. Congrats to Jan for another great win.
- Jan Roubal (6 laps)
- Paul Debeer (6 laps)
- Jamie Capisciolto (6 laps)
- Greg Hughes (6 laps)
- Mark Weiderkehr (6 laps)
- Joel Wenham (5 laps)
- Ben Warnock (5 laps)
- Steve Demidovich (5 laps)
- Dan Brosemer (5 laps)
- Tie: Gavin Grant (5 laps) and Dan Abelson (5 laps)
- Jodie Stewart (5 laps)
- Joe Reich (5 laps)
- John Santana (5 laps)
- Jav Ghassemkhani (5 laps)
- Reg Peer (5 laps)
- Steve Golec (5 laps)
- Danielle Anstess (3 laps)
- Tony Talentino (1 lap – just for the Bacon!)
Thanks to everyone for a great day of racing.