Check out what we’ve got planned for you and your fat bike this weekend! Explore the Fort Creek and Finn Hill Trails and use the hub trail to get to both.
If you’re looking for a fun, challenging, all-day adventure fat bike route, check out the links below. Oh, and don’t forget to pack an extra pair of socks.
RIDE or RUN 50 or 100 MILES!
This isn’t your typical ride or run. Challenge yourself to complete the 50 mile or 100 mile course!
When: Saturday, September 19, 2020
Where: Hiawatha Highlands
• Open to current Sault Cycling Club members. Not a member? Join our club today!
• Start and stop anytime you like. Restock when you need to. The course is not timed.
• Each lap is approx. 27 km. If you are planning to do the 100 mile, we recommend starting VERY early in the morning.
• Ride on your own, or with your friends. Please remember to stay in your social bubbles!
• This is self-supported, so you need to bring everything you need for the ride with you and leave it in your vehicle at the Hiawatha parking lot. Lights will be needed to finish the 100 miles.
• Follow the trail markers on the Crystal, Pinder and Red Pine Trails.
We recommend following them in the direction they are signed – but you can complete your 50/100 miles on whatever trails you like! (Ex. Do the Whole Enchilada x 3 for the 50 mile course, or Do the Crystal once, 5 Red Pine loops and 3 Pinder loops. You’re total miles are what is important!
The SCC will have a tent set up for a portion of the day to cheer you on! Note: We will not have any supplies on hand, so come prepared!
- If you finish while the SCC booth is still set up, you will receive your token of achievement!
- We will review your Strava / Garmin to ensure completion.
- For those that finish later, we ask that you submit a screenshot of your ride: to email@example.com.
- We’ll let you know when your token of achievement can be picked up from your local bike shop!
The Social Distance Dozen starts tomorrow!
All 13 of the hill segments are listed below.
Have fun & happy riding!!
Brule Road: https://www.strava.com/segments/25525240
Prince Lake: https://www.strava.com/segments/25511823
Town Line: https://www.strava.com/segments/25511791
Carpin Beach: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494466
Allen Side Road: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494421
Red Rock: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494395
Maki Road: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494376
Goulais Ave: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494339
Crimson Ridge: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494315
Old Goulais Bay Road: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494288
Old Garden River Road: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494258
Third Line: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494230
Landslide Road: https://www.strava.com/segments/25494209
13 Hills. One Ride. Can you climb up them all??
Through the month of September, the Sault Cycling Club will host this self timed event where entrants must ride all thirteen hills in one (six hour or less) ride, choosing their own route to complete them. Hill segments will be timed but not the rides between them.
Landslide Rd, 3rd Line, Old Garden River Rd, Old Goulais Bay Rd, Brule Rd, Crimson, Goulais Ave, Maki Rd, Red Rock, Allen Side Rd, Carpin Beach Rd, Town Line Rd, and Prince Lake Rd. (In any order you like!)
1. Be a Cycling Club member.
2. Ride between all segments.
3. Ride the same bike. Equipment changes are allowed for mechanical failure, but not for any advantage (ex: you may change a tire if the sidewall is cut, but not to switch between road and gravel for a different hill.)
5. Submit only one entry.
6. Complete the ride in 6 hours or less.
7. Obey all traffic laws.
8. Complete the ride in September 2020.
9. Post their ride to Strava and submit a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Worst Weather Finisher
-Youngest Male & Female to Finish