Kids Shredding Singletrack Fall Registration
Registration is now full. Please email us if you’d like to get on a waiting list.
Hi everyone! Kids Shredding Singletrack (KSS) is back! Registration will open on Wednesday, September 8 at 6pm, right here on our website.
Please ensure you read all requirements below before registering.
Are your kids hounding you to ride the trails? Are they surpassing your ability to keep up? Are they keen to explore new trails and improve their skills?
Kids Shredding Singletrack (KSS) is returning to meet their needs. KSS is for 10 to 15 year old riders.
The sessions will run Tuesday evenings starting at 6:00pm from September 14, 2021 and ending October 12, 2021. The first night will be at the pump track in Esposito Park (120 Central Park Ave.).
The rides will be approximately 90 minutes, depending on conditions (muddy trails make you ride slower, clouds of mosquitos make you ride faster!) and skill level of participants.
Each night will start with a brief discussion and demonstration of a skill or technique, then the group will ride the Hiawatha single track trails and other areas of the city (e.g., pump track), stopping at features where they can practice and develop the featured skill. The focus will be on fun, but there will also be some learning going on!
We will be strictly adhering to public health guidance with respect to COVID-19. This will require riders to complete COVID assessments prior to each nights ride.
We welcome parent volunteers who are familiar with the trails. You might be asked to perform a “sweeper” role, trailing one of the groups and assisting the instructor/leader as needed.
To participate, your child will need to:
- be a member of the Sault Cycling Club (your membership or order number will be required to complete your registration),
- have access to a mountain bike in reasonable repair (a bike check form will need to be completed and signed by the parent or a bicycle mechanic),
- wear a helmet,
- have a bike light suitable for trail riding (it will be getting dark early by the end of the sessions), and
- be fit and motivated to ride between 6 and 10km’s of singletrack trail in an outing.
The focus will be on introducing the kids to fun and safe mountain biking. The environment will be non-competitive and kids won’t be pressured to try any skill outside their comfort zone.
Registration will be on a first come, first served basis and limited by the number of leaders. Initially we will have 40 spots, but additional volunteers may create additional spots. Registration will be via the Sault Cycling Club store (www.SaultCyclingClub.ca).
Notes about COVID protocols:
- all riders must be pre-registered (via the Sault Cycling Club website)
- all riders will have to complete a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to attending each night
- while on the trail, riders will practice physical distancing
- all riders must have a face mask with them for circumstances where physical distancing is not possible
If you have questions send Peter an email: Peter@SaultCyclingClub.ca