KSS is Expanding! We’re creating a Farm Team to complement and grow the KSS group.
Have you got a trail rider looking for riding opportunities, but they are not quite old enough for Kids Shredding Singletrack? Well we’re going to try something new this fall to meet that need.
KSS is expanding to provide trail riding opportunities for 7 to 10 year old’s. (This is in addition to the 11-16 year old group that rides on Wednesdays.) Farm Team riders will need to be comfortable riding the trails and able to ride at least 2 km on trails (e.g., 2 laps of the Kinsmen Adventure Trail).
- When:Tuesday September 17 – October 8th (4 weeks), 6:00-7:00pm
- Where:Kinsmen Park/Hiawatha (behind the ice cream shop)
A typical session will include a brief discussion and demonstration of a skill or technique, then we will divide into groups to ride the trails. We will stop at features where they can practice and develop their skills. The focus will be on fun, but there will also be some learning going on!
Parents are welcome to ride along and, depending on the number of participants, might be asked to perform a “sweeper” role, trailing one of the groups and assisting the instructor/leader as needed.
To participate, your child will need to:
- be a member of the Sault Cycling Club ($15 for youths, $70 for a family membership), register here: Join our Club
- have access to a mountain bike in good repair
- wear a helmet
- be comfortable riding trails using a two-wheeled bicycle (no training wheels or balance bikes)
- Kids will need to be fit and motivated enough to ride between 2 and 5 km of single track trail in an outing
The focus will be on introducing the kids to fun and safe mountain biking.
If you are interested in having your child participate, please complete the KSS Registration Form and the KSS Bike Check Form (yes we need both forms, even if you have participated in a previous SCC program). Send these to Peter@SaultCyclingClub.ca by September 15, 2019.
If you have questions send me an email: Peter@SaultCyclingClub.ca